the sun malaysia ipaper logo 150x150
Saturday, November 29, 2025
21.9 C
Malaysia
the sun malaysia ipaper logo 150x150

Search continues for policeman swept away by floodwaters in Sepang

SAR operation continues for missing 23-year-old policeman believed swept away by strong currents in Kampung Giching flood incident.

SEPANG: Search and rescue operations continue for a policeman believed to have been swept away by strong currents in Kampung Giching.

Approximately 60 personnel from multiple agencies are involved in the search effort.

Sepang police chief ACP Norhizam Bahaman said the operation includes fire and rescue, civil defence, police, and local villagers.

ALSO READ: Man missing after water surge sweeps him away near Pintasan Saloma

The SAR operation resumed at 7.30 am today after being halted earlier this morning.

“We started the SAR at about 11 pm yesterday and halted at 4.30 am today,” Norhizam told reporters at the scene.

Authorities cannot confirm whether the victim drowned as no clues have been found except personal belongings.

The 23-year-old victim’s belongings included a pouch containing his police identification card, shoes, and jacket.

Witnesses reported seeing the victim clinging to a signboard before being swept away by the strong current.

The policeman from Nilai station was understood to be traveling to work after visiting family in the area.

His car became trapped in rising floodwaters near Klinik Desa Giching yesterday. – Bernama

Related

spot_img

Latest

Most Viewed

spot_img

Popular Categories