the sun malaysia ipaper logo 150x150
Sunday, November 30, 2025
22.2 C
Malaysia
the sun malaysia ipaper logo 150x150

Police dismantle luxury home burglary syndicate in Putrajaya

Putrajaya police arrest three foreign nationals in luxury home burglary syndicate targeting semi-detached houses and bungalows in Precincts 11 and 14

PUTRAJAYA: Police have dismantled a burglary syndicate targeting luxury homes in Precincts 11 and 14 with the arrest of three foreign nationals.

Putrajaya police chief ACP Aidi Sham Mohamed said the suspects were arrested on November 28 while ransacking a house in Precinct 14.

“The suspects are believed to have been actively involved in at least nine house burglaries over the past three months in these areas,” Aidi Sham told a press conference.

Police observed two suspects entering the property while the third waited in a Volkswagen Passat parked 300 metres away.

The vehicle was registered to a Chinese national, and immigration checks are ongoing to verify the suspects’ criminal records.

A struggle occurred during the arrests, but all three were successfully detained.

Police seized two passports, while one suspect did not possess travel documents.

The arrests were part of “Operation Pintu Putra” launched on November 22 following increased house burglaries in Putrajaya.

One incident involved a burglary at a former government official’s home in Precinct 11 on November 1.

Aidi Sham said the suspects conducted surveillance before breaking in between 8 pm and 10 pm when residents were away.

They typically cut through iron grilles at the back of houses to gain entry.

Police recovered burglary tools including a metal cutter, screwdriver, crowbar, and gloves.

Authorities also seized cash, jewelry, luxury watches, and designer handbags from brands including Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Gucci, and Prada.

Estimated losses from each burglary ranged from RM20,000 to RM50,000.

The suspects are being investigated under Section 457 of the Penal Code for burglary.

A four-day remand order has been granted, allowing police to detain them until December 2 for further investigation.

This year, 26 house burglary cases have been reported in Putrajaya compared to 17 last year.

Most incidents involved apartment residences. – Bernama

Related

spot_img

Latest

Most Viewed

spot_img

Popular Categories