the sun malaysia ipaper logo 150x150
Saturday, November 29, 2025
26 C
Malaysia
the sun malaysia ipaper logo 150x150

Peto Galim confident PH can double achievements with new mandate

Inanam incumbent Peto Galim pledges to double development achievements if given a new mandate, citing strong state-federal cooperation as key to delivering promises.

INANAM: Incumbent assemblyman Datuk Peto Galim is confident Pakatan Harapan can double its achievements if given a new mandate in the Sabah state election.

He acknowledged many development initiatives remained unimplemented during his tenure but expressed optimism about continuing them through close state-federal cooperation.

“Some have indeed said we haven’t delivered enough, and we accept that due to time constraints,” Peto told reporters after the Ziarah Tunai Janji programme at Kampung Dambai.

“I am confident that if given a mandate for the next five years, we can deliver twice as much as we have achieved so far.”

The 59-year-old highlighted cooperation with the federal government under Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim as their key strength.

He earlier visited five units of Rumah Mesra Sabah Maju Jaya completed in just over a month and a half for families who lost homes in a fire earlier this year.

The government built these homes without considering economic backgrounds, prioritising urgent need for comfortable living instead.

“These houses were built because we care,” Peto said, noting the homes brought immense joy to affected families.

He also announced Kionsom village area has been officially gazetted as a Kadazan-Dusun, Murut and Rungus ethnic village to preserve indigenous heritage.

The move represents a huge milestone for KDMR communities who long awaited such recognition.

In total, 22 villages in the N18 Inanam constituency have successfully been gazetted through Land Department approval.

“This is a promise we’ve kept, and it demonstrates our commitment to the people of Inanam,” Peto stated.

He emphasised his approach focuses on tangible work rather than seeking popularity through social media or confrontational speeches.

Peto faces a 13-cornered contest in his bid to retain the Inanam seat.

Related

spot_img

Latest

Pickleball Celebrity Slam by Panas Express & Astro to debut on Dec 6

The Pickleball Celebrity Slam by Panas Express & Astro will make its debut as a sports-entertainment-lifestyle event, taking place on Dec 6-7 at 9Pickle, Setia Alam. The tournament will be broadcast live on Astro Arena (Channel 801) as well as on Astro GO and sooka.Six teams will compete across four categories — Men’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Open Doubles and Singles — with team owners including Datuk AC Mizal, former national shuttlers Tan Boon Heong and Chan Peng Soon, entrepreneur Meri (Azzim Zahid Azim), SVG Worldwide founder Ashraf Anuar and Panas Express founder Vincent Siow. Celebrities and ex-athletes such as Adlin Aman Ramlie, Sharif Zero, Datuk Minarwan Nawawi and Koo Kien Kiat will also take part.

Bharath Classic: Chang sets the pace in inaugural Asian Tour–IGPL event

Korea’s Heemin Chang fired an impressive eight-under 64 to lead day one of the Bharath Classic 2025 at Kensville Golf Resort, despite seeing the course for the first time after arriving late. He sits ahead of India’s Pukhraj Singh Gill, Thailand’s Jazz Janewattananond and Poosit Supupramai, and fellow Korean Wooyoung Cho, all on 66. A large group—including Ajeetesh Sandhu, Udayan Mane, Chan Shih-chang, Sean Ramos and recent Taifong Open winner Ekpharit Wu—are tied for sixth on 67.The US$500,000 inaugural event is joint-sanctioned with the new Indian Golf Premier League Tour and serves as the penultimate stop of the Asian Tour season, with players battling for crucial Order of Merit positions. Chang, currently 127th, said he adapted quickly to the slower greens and built confidence from his recent top-six finish in Taiwan. His back nine surge featured an eagle on 15 and birdies on 16 and 18.

Most Viewed

spot_img

Popular Categories